About the JIB-PMES
JIB-PMES: Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services in England and Wales – an independent and neutral ‘not for profit’ organisation, we are a partner to the CSCS Registration Scheme, a regulator, and a service provider for employers and employees in the building industry.
Participation in the activities and benefit schemes of the JIB for PMES is open to:
- Member firms of the Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Members of Unite the Union (Unite).
- Member firms of the National Federation of Builders (NFB) who employ operative plumbers and/or apprentice plumbers.
- Employers of operative plumbers and/or apprentice plumbers, who are not in membership with the APHC or the NFB.
- Operative plumbers in the employ of Public and Local Authorities.
- Operative plumbers not in membership of Unite but employed by participants of the JIB for PMES.
If you are interested in registering as a JIB-PMES participant company you can view and download an enrolment form here
Main activities of the JIB-PMES
As a cscs scheme partner
We provide CSCS Health & Safety registration SmartCards to operatives employed in plumbing and mechanical engineering services and related sectors. We do this through our own registration and grading system.
As a regulator
We are responsible for the grading of operatives working within the industry.
We determine and publish the National Working Rules for the Plumbing Industry. This includes setting terms and conditions of employment for operatives employed by participant employers.
As a service provider for employers and employees
We administer the industry’s Holiday Credit and Benefits scheme for participant employers.
We administer the Sickness Benefit and Tool Loss Grant schemes for participant employers.
The JIB-PMES Handbook
We publish an annual Handbook with full details of the National Working Rules and the services we provide. Is now available at a cost of £15.
The main objects of the JIB-PMES
The main objects of the JIB-PMES are:
- To show leadership and encourage progress within the industry.
- To regulate relations between employers and operatives.
- To provide benefits for people working in the industry.
- To improve skills and proficiency.
- To improve and maintain welfare and safety standards.
- To support harmonious relations between employers and operatives.
“The JIB-PMES is a partnership”
The JIB-PMES board comprises nominated representatives from employer organisations APHC and NFB and Unite The Union. Together they represent the interests of everyone in the plumbing industry in England and Wales.
The JIB-PMES Board consists of representatives from:
The Association of Plumbing & Heating Contractors (APHC)
The National Federation of Builders (NFB)
Unite the Union