Work Experience red card
JIB-PMES CSCS /UK-PHMES WORK EXPERIENCE RED CARD:
VALID FOR UP TO 5 YEARS
This registration card has been designed specifically for students studying a Plumbing & Heating qualification, who are engaged on a high-quality work experience placement as part of their studies.
A red ‘Work Experience’ card is available for students who are recommended by their college/training centre and are enrolled on a suitable full time Plumbing or Building Services Engineering (BSE) qualification, e.g.
- Access to Building Services Engineering (L1 or L2)
- Diploma in the Built Environment or Engineering (BSE option)
- Plumbing/H&V technical certificate at L2
- NC/HNC/HND in the built environment (BSE option)
- L2/L3 full-time diploma in plumbing/H&V studies
- Traineeship (BSE specific)
- Study programme (BSE specific)
Applicants must also have completed an approved CSCS H,S&E test (either Plumbing Specialist or Operative test) or have completed appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental training as part of one of the above programmes and had this endorsed by their college/centre tutor.
- The purpose of the card is to allow the holder to access CSCS card controlled sites with their designated employer so that they may undertake work experience.
- The card is NOT permitted to be used for access to a CSCS controlled work site for the purpose of completing paid work.
- The card is valid for 12 months only and CANNOT be renewed.
- If, as a result of the work experience placement, the learner is offered a formal apprenticeship with an employer and enrols on the appropriate sector specific NVQ/NVQ Diploma qualification, the work experience card must be returned immediately and replaced with a JIB-PMES Apprentice/Trainee Red CSCS card.
The standard card fee is £40. Cards are FREE to members of Unite the Union and employees of participant companies whose company is purchasing Holiday Credits or Welfare Benefits on their behalf.
If you are applying for a free card, please download a copy of the application form and submit your application either by email or hard copy. We cannot accept online applications for free cards.
Applicants should receive their cards within 28 days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track turnaround:
Designed to return cards within 4 working days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track rapid processing is an additional £60 (total fee of £80 for Work Experience red card applications)
Note on postage: If you have ordered a card from the JIB-PMES and have not received it in the post, please allow 1 calendar month before ordering a replacement. This allows any cards which may still be in the Royal Mail system to be returned to us as undelivered. This does not apply to fast track applications.