UK-PHMES CSCS Trainee Red Card
Standard Fee £20. FREE to members of Unite the Union and employees of participant companies, whose company are purchasing Holiday Credits on their behalf. Standard turnaround up to 28 days.
• POSTAGE – If you have ordered a card from JIB-PHMES and have not received it in the post, please allow 1 calendar month before ordering a replacement. This allows any cards which may still be in the Royal Mail system to be returned to us as undelivered. This does not apply to cards processed by the fast track method.
Fasttrack rapid processing additional £60
Apprentice and Trainee registration SmartCard
This card is accepted as identification during on-site training and will confirm that the holder is registered for a recognised course, and has either passed a Health and Safety test or completed the appropriate NVQ/SVQ or NVQ Diploma Health and Safety units. Issued to either new entrant trainees or those with experience wishing to up-skill as follows:
- Those without prior experiences who are registered for an NVQ/SVQ or QCF aligned NVQ Diploma at Level 2 or 3 (but who have not yet achieved the qualification) and are employed in the plumbing and mechanical engineering services industry.
- Those who have experience of similar work in other industrial sectors, which their employer believes suits them for training for employment in the plumbing sector and who are registered for an NVQ/SVQ or QCF aligned NVQ Diploma at Level 2 or 3 (but who have not yet achieved the qualification).
Prior to issue of a Trainee card, applicants must either:
- Provide evidence that they have completed the appropriate Health and Safety units from the NVQ/SVQ or NVQ Diploma Health and Safety units.
- Provide evidence of passing the CITB Operative touch screen health and safety test or an approved one day safety course (please contact the JIB-PMES to ensure the course is approved).
Students registered on City and Guilds 6035 Diploma qualifications (or equivalent courses) who are not continuing to an NVQ Diploma qualification are ineligible for CSCS cards.
They can apply for JIB-PMES Student Registration cards.
Plumbing and Heating Fitter apprentices engaged through the JTL Managing Agency should contact JTL who issue registration cards for their apprentices.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Cards issued following provision of NVQ Health and Safety units are valid for two years.