What we do
JIB-PMES: Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services in England and Wales – an independent and neutral ‘not for profit’ organisation, we are affiliated to the CSCS Registration scheme, a regulator, and a service provider for employers and employees in the building industry.
The main objects of the JIB-PMES
The main objects of the JIB-PMES are:
- To show leadership and encourage progress within the industry.
- To regulate relations between employers and operatives.
- To provide benefits for people working in the industry.
- To improve skills and proficiency.
- To improve and maintain welfare and safety standards.
- To support harmonious relations between employers and operatives.
Participation in the activities and benefit schemes of the JIB for PMES is open to:
- Member firms of the Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Members of Unite the Union (Unite).
- Member firms of the National Federation of Builders (NFB) who employ operative plumbers and/or apprentice plumbers.
- Employers of operative plumbers and/or apprentice plumbers, who are not in membership with the APHC or the NFB.
- Operative plumbers in the employ of Public and Local Authorities.
- Operative plumbers not in membership of Unite but employed by participants of the JIB for PMES.
Main activities of the JIB-PMES
As an affiliate of the CSCS scheme
We provide CSCS Health & Safety registration SmartCards to operatives employed in plumbing and mechanical engineering services and related sectors. We do this through our own registration and grading system.
As a regulator
We are responsible for the grading of operatives working within the industry.
We determine and publish the National Working Rules for the Plumbing Industry. This includes setting terms and conditions of employment for operatives employed by participant employers.
As a service provider for employers and employees
We administer the industry’s Holiday Credit and Benefits scheme for employers.
We provide pension solutions through Plumbing Pensions
The JIB-PMES Board
The JIB-PMES board comprises nominated representatives from employer organisations APHC and NFB and Unite The Union. Together they represent the interests of everyone in the plumbing industry in England and Wales.