UK-PHMES CSCS Work Experience Red Card
Standard Fee £20. FREE to members of Unite the Union and employees of participant companies, whose company are purchasing Holiday Credits on their behalf. Standard turnaround up to 28 days.
• POSTAGE – If you have ordered a card from JIB-PHMES and have not received it in the post, please allow 1 calendar month before ordering a replacement. This allows any cards which may still be in the Royal Mail system to be returned to us as undelivered. This does not apply to cards processed by the fast track method.
Fast-track rapid processing additional £60
Work Experience registration SmartCard
This Registration Card has been designed specifically for students studying a Plumbing & Heating qualification, who are engaged on a high quality work experience placement.
A Red Work Experience card is available for students who are recommended by their college/training centre and who meet the following eligibility criteria:
Enrolled on a suitable full time Building Services Engineering (BSE) qualification, e.g.
- Access to Building Services Engineering (L1 or L2)
- Diploma in the Built Environment or Engineering (BSE option)
- Plumbing/H&V technical certificate at L2
- NC/HNC/HND in the built environment (BSE option)
- L2/L3 full-time diploma in plumbing/H&V studies
- Traineeship (BSE specific)
- Study programme (BSE specific)
- Have completed an approved CSCS H,S&E test (either JIB-PMES or CITB test) or have completed appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental training as part of one of the above programmes and had this endorsed by their college/centre tutor
- Demonstrates a good attitude and is punctual whilst studying at college. Has achieved a high standard of success in theoretical and practical tasks and assignments undertaken at college
- Demonstrates good practical skills and have a basic understanding of the materials, equipment and hand tools used in the BSE/plumbing & heating sector
- Has a good understanding of the career routes and progression opportunities within the BSE sector and a real desire to work in the BSE sector and progress on to a recognised apprenticeship framework
- Can commit to undertaking a work experience placement over a set period of time (i.e., 2-days per week over a 2-month period)
- Willingness to travel to the company’s place of work and fit into the normal working practices of the organisation
- Conducts themselves professionally at all times and will be an excellent ambassador for the college to inspire and mentor their peers in the future
- The purpose of the card is to allow the holder to access CSCS card controlled sites with their designated employer so that they may undertake work experience.
- The card is NOT permitted to be used for access to a CSCS controlled work site for the purpose of completing paid work.
- The card is valid for 12 months only and CANNOT be renewed.
- If, as a result of the work experience placement, the learner is offered a formal apprenticeship with an employer and enrols on the appropriate sector specific NVQ/NVQ Diploma qualification, the work experience card must be returned immediately and replaced with a JIB-PMES Apprentice/Trainee Red CSCS card.
- There is a £20 charge for the JIB-PMES Work Experience card. Full JIB-PMES CSCS Registration cards will be chargeable at the usual rate (see website for details) unless the applicant is a member of Unite the Union or is employed by a JIB-PMES Participant Company.