JIB-PMES CSCS Manager black card change
The aim of this change is to bring the Black JIB-PMES CSCS Manager card into line with the CSCS/CLC ‘One Logo’ requirements. The position is complicated as there are no suitable L4/L5 NVQ/Vocational qualifications specifically suited to PMES Managers. However, from Friday 30th October 2020 the JIB-PMES scheme will introduce changes in order to remove the ‘industry accreditation’ element from the Manger card application process.
From this date, PMES Manager black cards will only be issued to applicants who can provide:
- Evidence of having completed an appropriate Level 4 or higher PMES and/or Managerial related N/SVQ or equivalent qualification (e.g. BTEC, Degree or ILM/CIM approved management programme etc.). This must be supported by onesuitable employer endorsement which confirms the applicant has at least one years’ experience working as a PMES Manager in accordance with the requirements of provided PMES Manager criteria.
- Evidence of having met the requirements for a JIB-PMES Gold card (i.e. through achievement of an appropriate PMES L3 S/NVQ Diploma or Advanced Craft qualification), plus of having completed one of the following courses:
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- IOSH Managing Safely/Managing Safely in Construction
- CCNSG Safety Passport – Supervising/Leading a Team Safely course
This must also be supported by one suitable employer endorsement which confirms the applicant has at least one years’ experience working as a PMES Manager in accordance with the requirements of provided PMES Manager criteria.
- All applicants MUST also pass the CITB MAP test or provide evidence of having completed a suitable alternative H&S qualification.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: From Friday 30 October 2020 the above criteria will also apply to all PMES Manager Black card renewal applications.