Plumber blue card
JIB-PMES CSCS /UK-PHMES PLUMBER BLUE CARD:
VALID FOR UP TO 5 YEARS
This card is issued to those who have achieved Level 2 NVQ/SVQ or Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing or an equivalent qualification (i.e. City and Guilds Craft Certificate).
Note: Level 1 qualifications and Level 2 vocationally related qualifications (e.g. C&G 6129 or 6035 qualifications) are not acceptable for this card.
ACCEPTED QUALIFICATIONS FOR PLUMBER BLUE CARDS
- City & Guilds 6189-11 Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing & Heating
- BPEC Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing & Heating
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing & Heating
- British Shipbuilders Certificate of Apprenticeship in Plumbing
- City & Guilds 596-1 Craft Certificate in Plumbing
- City & Guilds 603-1 Craft Certificate in Plumbing
- City & Guilds 617-1 Craft Certificate in Plumbers’ Work
- EAL NVQ Level 2 – Mechanical Engineering Services – Plumbing
- FETAC National Craft Certificate – Plumbing
- Level 2 6004 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services (Plumbing)
- Level 2 6009 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services – Plumbing
- Level 2 6019 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services – Plumbing
- Level 2 6024 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Serv. Plumbing (Oil)
- Level 2 6089 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services – Plumbing
- SCOTVEC modules
If you have completed the Level 2 Plumbing Technical Certificate/Diploma (City & Guilds 6129/6035 or BPEC/EAL equivalent qualifications) and are not continuing your studies to the BPEC, EAL or City & Guilds Level 2/3 NVQ/SVQ Diplomas, the only card you will be eligible to apply for is the Labourer/Plumber’s Mate card
NARIC applicants: Those applying for a Plumber blue card must provide a full NARIC ‘Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills’ including Primary Source Verification. The JIB-PMES no longer accepts standard NARIC ‘Statements of Comparability’ in support of Plumber blue card applications.
The standard card fee is £40. Cards are FREE to members of Unite the Union and employees of participant companies whose company is purchasing Holiday Credits or Welfare Benefits on their behalf.
If you are applying for a free card, please download a copy of the application form and submit your application either by email or hard copy. We cannot accept online applications for free cards.
Applicants should receive their cards within 28 days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track turnaround:
Designed to return cards within 4 working days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track rapid processing is an additional £60 (total fee of £100 for Plumber blue card applications)
Note on postage: If you have ordered a card from the JIB-PMES and have not received it in the post, please allow 1 calendar month before ordering a replacement. This allows any cards which may still be in the Royal Mail system to be returned to us as undelivered. This does not apply to fast track applications.