Lead Worker/Sheet Weathering Installer blue card
This category of card is intended for those whose work includes the installation, maintenance and repair of sheet lead weatherings.
Applicants must provide evidence of having completed at least one of the following:
- Any training course run by CITB / The Sheet Lead Training Academy designed specifically for operatives who work in this field
- Any qualification which includes a suitable sheet lead weathering unit (e.g. C&G 6129)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Roofing Occupations (Construction) qualification
Those who meet the qualification requirements can, assuming they have also met all other card requirements (i.e. passed a valid Health, Safety and Environmental test) proceed to complete the PMES Related Occupations card application form. When completing the form, the ‘Sheet Lead Weathering Installer’ card box should be ticked on the front page and evidence of having met the above qualification requirements should be included with the application form.
The standard fee for this card is £40.00 (Fast track service is available for £100.00).
If you are applying for a free card, please download a copy of the application form and submit your application either by email or hard copy. We cannot accept online applications for free cards.
What are my options if I don’t meet the qualification requirements?
If applicants cannot provide evidence of having completed the qualifications stipulated above, there are two options open to them:
- Undertake the training that will provide them with the required qualification(s)
- Apply for an alternative type of card. The JIB-PMES CSCS green Labourer card is available to those who complete the one-day CITB ‘Site Safety Plus – Health and Safety Awareness’ course and who pass the CITB Operative Health, Safety and Environmental test.