Mechanical Pipefitter gold card
JIB-PMES CSCS MECHANICAL PIPEFITTER GOLD CARD:
VALID FOR UP TO 5 YEARS
Issued to those who have achieved Level 3 NVQ/SVQ or L2 NVQ Diploma qualifications or equivalent qualifications in ECITB Installing Plant & Systems (IPS) Pipefitting, Heating & Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial), Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Marine Engineering or any other acceptable discipline as determined by the JIB-PMES. All card applicants must also be able to provide evidence that they meet the appropriate Health, Safety & Environment test criteria.
ACCEPTED QUALIFICATIONS FOR MECHANICAL PIPE FITTER GOLD CARDS
- City & Guilds Final Certificate in Ship Plumbing/Marine Sanitary Engineering
- City & Guilds Advanced Craft in Construction Services Welding
- City & Guilds Advanced Craft Certificate in Marine Plumbing
- City & Guilds Part 3 Certificate in Fabrication & Welding Competences
- City & Guilds Part 3 Certificate in Structural & Thick Plate Craft Studies
- City & Guilds Part 3 Certificate in Pipework Engineering Certificate
- City & Guilds Advanced Craft Certificate in Pipework Welding
- HM Dockyard Certificate of Craftsmanship
- Level 3 6008 NVQ in Heating & Ventilating (Industrial/Commercial)
- Level 3 6017 NVQ in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Level 3 6018 NVQ in Heating & Ventilating (Industrial/Commercial)
- Level 3 6087 NVQ in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Level 3 6088 NVQ in Heating & Ventilating (Industrial/Commercial)/(Ductwork)
- Level 3 6187 NVQ Diploma in Heating & Ventilating (Heat Pump Systems)
- Level 3 6188 NVQ Diploma in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning/Heat Pump Systems
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Installing Engineering Construction Plant and Systems – Pipefitting
This is not an extensive list – you may be eligible for this card if you hold similar qualifications. Please contact the JIB-PMES for clarification, you may be asked to send in your certificates for this purpose.
The standard card fee is £40. Cards are FREE to members of Unite the Union and employees of participant companies whose company is purchasing Holiday Credits or Welfare Benefits on their behalf.
If you are applying for a free card, please download a copy of the application form and submit your application either by email or hard copy. We cannot accept online applications for free cards.
Applicants should receive their cards within 28 days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track turnaround:
Designed to return cards within 4 working days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track rapid processing is an additional £60 (total fee of £100 for MPF gold card applications)
Note on postage:
If you have ordered a card from the JIB-PMES and have not received it in the post, please allow 1 calendar month before ordering a replacement. This allows any cards which may still be in the Royal Mail system to be returned to us as undelivered. This does not apply to fast track applications.