Gas Service Engineer gold card
JIB-PMES CSCS /UK-PHMES GAS SERVICE ENGINEER GOLD CARD:
VALID FOR UP TO 5 YEARS
Issued to those who have achieved Level 3 NVQ/SVQ qualifications or an equivalent qualification in Gas Utilisation; Gas Installation & Maintenance; Domestic Natural Gas Installation & Maintenance; Central Heating & Water Heating; Gas Emergency Services Operations; Gas Maintenance; Gas Network Operation Service Laying (Mains); Gas Equipment Fault Diagnosis & Rectification. PLEASE NOTE: SOME CITY & GUILDS CERTIFICATES MAY NOT BE ACCEPTABLE.
ACCEPTED QUALIFICATIONS FOR GAS SERVICE ENGINEER GOLD CARDS
- City & Guilds Final Certificate in Gas Fitting
- City & Guilds 598-2 Gas Equipment Fault Diagnosis & Rectification
- City & Guilds 662-2 Level 3 Certificate for Service Engineers (GAS)
- City & Guilds Final Cert in Gas Fitting
- City & Guilds Licentiateship – Gas Services
- Level 3 6006 NVQ Gas Services Installation & Maintenance
- Level 3 6012 NVQ Domestic Natural Gas Installation & Maintenance
- Level 3 6012 NVQ in Gas Emergency Service Operations
- Level 3 6013 NVQ Gas Installation and Maintenance
- Level 3 6016 NVQ in Gas Service Installation & Maintenance
- Level 3 6034 NVQ Domestic Natural Gas Maintenance
- City and Guilds 6014 Level 3 Diploma in Gas Utilisation
This is not an extensive list – you may be eligible for this card if you hold similar qualifications. Please contact the JIB-PMES for clarification (you may be asked to send in your certificates for this purpose).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the statutory regulations that apply to gas installers you must be individually GAS SAFE registered. You will be asked to provide your individual LICENCE number when you apply for this card.
Card holders working on gas must hold a current Gas Safe registration. To check an installer’s registration status please telephone Gas Safe 0800 4085500 or go to www.gassaferegister.co.uk
This card does not prove competence in gas work or Gas Safe Registration.
The standard card fee is £40. Cards are FREE to members of Unite the Union and employees of participant companies whose company is purchasing Holiday Credits or Welfare Benefits on their behalf.
If you are applying for a free card, please download a copy of the application form and submit your application either by email or hard copy. We cannot accept online applications for free cards.
Applicants should receive their cards within 28 days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track turnaround:
Designed to return cards within 4 working days of receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of fee.
Fast track rapid processing is an additional £60 (total fee of £100 for Gas Service Engineer gold card applications)
Note on postage: If you have ordered a card from the JIB-PMES and have not received it in the post, please allow 1 calendar month before ordering a replacement. This allows any cards which may still be in the Royal Mail system to be returned to us as undelivered. This does not apply to fast track applications.