Rainwater Systems and Roof Drainage Installer blue card
This category of card is intended for those whose work includes the installation, servicing and maintenance of rainwater and/or roof drainage systems.
There is no recognised National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) or Vocational Qualification (VQ) which specifically covers this job role, however, there are a number of plumbing qualifications which do cover the main elements of installing and maintaining rainwater systems. There are other acceptable qualifications which may also be used as evidence of having met the qualification requirements for this occupation (Assessed route). These requirements are summarised below:
Qualification requirements (Assessed route)
Applicants must provide evidence of having completed any of the following:
- Level 2 Plumbing course which includes the unit ‘‘Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques’
- BPEC Above Ground Drainage and Rainwater Systems course
- Evidence of any other equivalent or suitable qualification or training course*.
- Water Regulations training course (various Awarding Bodies e.g. BPEC)
*If you are submitting alternative qualifications to the ones listed above, please email them to email@example.com before you submit your application. This will enable us to assess their suitability before you spend money on your application. Please do not phone us, as we need to see the qualifications in order for us to make a decision regarding their suitability. We aim to reply to all such submissions with a response within 14 days.
Those who meet the qualification requirements can, assuming they have also met all other card requirements (i.e. passed a valid Health, Safety and Environmental test) proceed to complete the PMES Related Occupations card application form. When completing the form, the ‘Rainwater Systems and Roof Drainage Installer’ card box should be ticked on the front page and evidence of having met the above qualification requirements should be included with the application form.
The standard fee for this card is £40.00 (Fast track service is available for £100.00).
If you are applying for a free card, please download a copy of the application form and submit your application either by email or hard copy. We cannot accept online applications for free cards.
What are my options if I don’t meet the qualification requirements?
If applicants cannot provide evidence of having completed the qualifications stipulated, there are two options open to them:
- Undertake the training that will provide them with the required qualification(s)
- Apply for an alternative type of card. The JIB-PMES CSCS green Labourer card is available to those who complete the one-day CITB ‘Site Safety Plus – Health and Safety Awareness’ course and who pass the CITB Operative Health, Safety and Environmental test.