Select Page

Commercial Catering Engineer card

This category of card is intended for those whose work includes the installation and/or maintenance of commercial catering systems and equipment.


A training standard has been developed for this occupation by the Catering Equipment Distributors Association (CEDA) which specifies two route options by which applicants can meet JIB-PMES CSCS card requirements:

  • Option One (Non-Gas qualified Installation Engineers) – applicants must complete all relevant training modules as specified withing the CEDA training standard for Commercial Catering Equipment Installation Engineers.
  • Option Two (Gas qualified Installation Engineers) – applicants undertake appropriate Gas ACS assessments and achieve Gas Safe Registration (individual Gas Safe Registration); in this case card applicants may apply for the JIB-PMES CSCS Gas Operative blue card:

Qualification requirements

Applicants for the Commercial Catering Engineer blue card must be able to provide:

  • A copy of the numbered certificate, issued by CEDA which confirms that the applicant has completed the relevant training modules as specified in the training standard for Commercial Catering Equipment Installation Engineers

Applicants must also have passed a valid Health, Safety and Environmental test.

Additional information:

Those who meet the qualification requirements can, assuming they have also met all other card requirements (i.e. passed a valid Health, Safety and Environmental test) proceed to complete the PMES Related Occupations card application form.

When completing the form, the ‘Commercial Catering Engineer’ card box should be ticked on the front page and evidence of having met the above qualification requirements should be included with the application form.

The standard fee for this card is £40.00 (Fast track service is available for £100.00).

If you are applying for a free card, please download a copy of the application form and submit your application either by email or hard copy.  We cannot accept online applications for free cards.

What are my options if I don’t meet the qualification requirements?

If applicants cannot provide evidence of having completed the qualifications stipulated, there are two options open to them:

  • Undertake the training that will provide them with the required qualification(s) – contact CEDA on 01386 793911 or
  • Apply for an alternative type of card. The JIB-PMES CSCS green Labourer card is available to those who complete the one-day CITB ‘Site Safety Plus – Health and Safety Awareness’ course and who pass the CITB Operative Health, Safety and Environmental test.
x Logo: Shield Security
This Site Is Protected By
Shield Security