Non-UK Qualifications: UK NARIC

We welcome applications for JIB UK-PHMES/CSCS Registration Cards from applicants holding non-UK qualifications.

The type of Registration Card that we can issue depends on the level of qualifications held by an individual. We need to be sure that foreign qualifications meet the same level as those in the UK.

The National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) provide a service to compare foreign qualifications with their UK equivalent. UK NARIC will issue a Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills if a non-UK qualification is acceptable for UK Registration.

A list of the services that UK NARIC can provide, and the cost, is available on the UK NARIC website here: UK NARIC services & prices.

Please contact UK NARIC direct if you have non UK qualifications and wish to apply for a JIB-PHMES Registration card.


Suffolk House

68-70 Suffolk Road


GL50 2ED

Phone: 0871 3307033

I have non-UK plumbing qualifications, can you accept them for a JIB card?

Yes. If you would like us to consider your qualifications as part of your application for a JIB card, you will need to contact UK NARIC on 08713307033 or visit their website This agency is responsible for providing information, advice and expert opinion on vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from over 180 countries worldwide.

Note: In addition to providing a valid NARIC Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills , applicants with non-UK qualifications must also provide a copy of valid photographic ID (e.g. Biometric Residence Permit or Passport) when they apply for their first JIB-PMES CSCS Registration card.

The NARIC website | NARIC contact details for individuals